SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-06-18 09:43:31

Jason Lipman

Other Thoughts

More people are getting this tool now and coming to me with suggestions..

1) Under Quick Connect, allow a server to have multiple entries for different users. We have that need now and only see one entry with the most recent user for the given server. And if you can implement this, please provide a way to easily clean up the Quick Connect list in the case that we want to delete out a row no longer used. Perhaps Quick Connect can be a user-defined area as well as being built based on logging into a server.

2) Syntax assistance for creating DDL. A user came to me wanting to add a primary key in ASE, hoping this tool could help him build it. I did not see how.

3) When in the results section at the bottom of the window, still allow F5 (Ctrl E, etc.) to work when a block is highlighted. We have this case often because we'll run SQL, go to another window to do something else, then click back into the first window and rerun the SQL to see changes. IF we click into the highlighted SQL, it remains and works. But if we click into any other section of the window, the result is typically losing focus of the highlighted SQL and needing to rehighlight to run the SQL.

#2 2009-06-18 11:39:41

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Other Thoughts

1. If you want to connect to the same server with different logins then this is how you can do it.
You need to create alias. For example if you connect to SERVER1 then in Server combo you can type
User1 (SERVER1) for connecting as user1 and
User2 (SERVER1) for connectin as user2
To clean up your connections right click in quick connect window.

2. There's limited support for this. Click on arrow next to New Script.

3. This makes sense.

Board footer