SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-10-03 06:15:41

aangelo

Suggestion - SQL editor

SqlDbx Version 3.63 (Professional Edition)

I suggest some improvements for the editor:
- Move up/down more lines (now only one is allowed)
- Duplicate line (with an easy shortcut such as Ctrl+D)
- Add a placeholder to Speed Typing syntax in order to allow automatic substitution with the selected text (e.g.: 'select § from myTable' should substitute into 'select selectedText from myTable').
- In the Script Panel, add the option to enhance all occurrences of the selected word (value, field, statement etc.)

Thank you.

Last edited by aangelo (2013-10-04 02:50:25)

#2 2013-10-03 23:05:25

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Suggestion - SQL editor

I am not sure I understand how last item on your list can work.

#3 2013-10-04 02:49:41

aangelo

Sorry, probably my explanation was confused.
Such as in editors for markup languages, a specific placeholder (in my former example "§") should be substituted with the text selected immediately before editing the shortcut.
Probably a combo box wit all shotcuts would be easier to implement: in this alternate way, when choosing a shortcut its placeholder should be substituted with the [eventually] selected text.

#4 2013-10-24 08:09:52

aangelo

In addition to my previous suggestions,

- Move up/down more lines (now only one is allowed)
- Duplicate line (with an easy shortcut such as Ctrl+D)
- Add the option to enhance all occurrences of the selected word (value, field, statement etc.)

in many situations it would be quite useful to know the number of code lines selected in the Script panel (e.g. to easy check insert/select no. of fields or to specify the correct number of fields in group by).
This information could be displayed in the status bar in a format like "NN lines sel."
--
Thank you.

Board footer