SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2011-10-21 10:23:54

garbuya

Suggestion on packages

Are there any plans to expend a package tree when you click on the + next to package?
Right now the + next to a package does nothing and you have to do a right click to display the package header and body. 
It is not convenient if you want to see list of procedures and functions. You have to scroll thru header to find out if function is in this package. And if you need to edit a function or procedure you have to search for it first.

Another similar tools (TOAD, Oracle SQL Devreloper, etc.)  shows packages as an expandable tree where you can see all the components and if click on one of it you will be navigated directly to this code. It looks like this:
MY_PKG
    Header
           Function F1 (parameters)
           Procedure P1 (parameters)
    Body
          Function F1
          Procedure P1

Also what is the purpose of Alt+F1 package properties?  It just shows the same code as two upper options in this menu.
It would be much useful to show the real properties of package – creation date, modified and compiled date, valid/invalid status, who updated the package, number of lines, etc…

#2 2011-10-21 10:51:39

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Suggestion on packages

The purpose of + is to expand and show functions and procedures.
Why + would it be there in a first place?
I am not sure why it's not working for you.
What version of Oracle you use.

#3 2011-10-21 11:22:12

garbuya

I'm using Oracle 11g  and SQLDbxPro 3.51

I just tried to click on + in our DEV region and it works, then I did the same in QA and PROD regions and it does not work.  I have permissions to see the source in QA and PROD and i can see the code when i use SQL Developer or TOAD. I can see it, but cannot modify it, of course. Something is not correct with the way how SQLDbx obtains permissions
I can open code from the right click menu, but + does not work

Last edited by garbuya (2011-10-21 11:31:20)

#4 2011-10-21 12:54:36

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

You can start SqlDbx with -l switch (SqlDbx.exe -l)
This will generate log file in a same directory where SqlDbx.exe located.
After you click + open this file and see if any errors.
If no errors than you can run query below and see if it runs ok. Replace SCHEMA and PACKAGE with your schema and package name.

SELECT A.OBJECT_NAME NAME, TO_NUMBER (NVL (A.OVERLOAD, 0)) OVERLOAD, A.ARGUMENT_NAME, A.POSITION POSITION, DATA_TYPE, IN_OUT, 0 PF
FROM SYS.ALL_ARGUMENTS A, SYS.ALL_OBJECTS B
WHERE B.OWNER = 'SCHEMA' AND B.OBJECT_NAME = 'PACKAGE' AND A.OBJECT_ID = B.OBJECT_ID
AND A.POSITION != 0 AND A.SEQUENCE <= A.POSITION
UNION
SELECT A.OBJECT_NAME, TO_NUMBER (NVL (A.OVERLOAD, 0)), A.ARGUMENT_NAME, A.POSITION, DATA_TYPE, IN_OUT, 1
FROM SYS.ALL_ARGUMENTS A, SYS.ALL_OBJECTS B
WHERE B.OWNER = 'SCHEMA' AND B.OBJECT_NAME = 'PACKAGE' AND A.OBJECT_ID = B.OBJECT_ID
AND A.POSITION >= 0 AND A.DATA_LEVEL = 0
AND A.OBJECT_NAME IN (SELECT A1.OBJECT_NAME from SYS.ALL_ARGUMENTS A1 WHERE A1.OBJECT_ID = A.OBJECT_ID AND A1.POSITION = 0)
ORDER BY PF, NAME, OVERLOAD, POSITION

#5 2011-11-03 14:41:43

garbuya

There is no errors in a log, but when I run this sql in DEV I'm getting some results, but in QA and PROD it returns nothing

Board footer