SqlDbx Forum

SqlDbx

You are not logged in.

#1 2010-06-27 23:04:11

tbenci

Intellisense Question (suggestion)

Hello,

My first post. First up, SQLDBX is a great product and I have decided to default to it. So much so, I will be purchasing the Pro version.

That said (there is always a but smile), the Intellisense in the editor has a particular methodology that is driving me crazy and I'm sure it would be easy to fix.

I tend to use two or three character aliases for tables (as I'm sure we all do).

In a specific database I have a number of tables with VH in the front of the (VHMODEL, VHQUOTE, VHSALESMAN etc.).

The thing is I use vhm, vhq, vhs as aliases (e.g. FROM VHMODEL AS vhs).

The predictive typing engine is seeing the vhm and offering VHMODEL and that is fine. At the moment, I have to press the ESC to cancel the predictive typing and keep the vhm alias.

I was wondering whether there might be a parameter in the Intellisense tab to turn on ENTER as an accept for a list entry.

That way, if we press a space or a full stop the system will not complete the alias with the selection from the list.

It is a very small issue on the surface but is just enough of an issue to make me want to turn the Intellisense off (and that sort of defeats the purpose I suppose).

I am interested in your comments and those of any other users if they have a solution. One I thought of was to put a z at the front of the alias zvha, zvhs etc. that works.

Regards
Tony Benci

And thank you for a great SQL editor

Last edited by tbenci (2010-06-27 23:06:04)

#2 2010-06-28 10:27:40

sqldbxhelp
Administrator

Re: Intellisense Question (suggestion)

You can customize your Intellisense completion keys in Options->Intellisense.
Uncheck "Space" check box and I believe you will get behavior you looking for.
Also I think we should make a change that table list does not shows up after AS keyword

#3 2010-06-29 01:51:18

tbenci

Re: Intellisense Question (suggestion)

Of course you always post these requests a day before you should smile...

Thank you , I found it later that afternoon.

Board footer